Which kind of backpacker are you?
Travelling has become more affordable and accessible than it was earlier. With travelling becoming more and more famous, you can find the increasing numbers of backpackers too. For a backpacker, you have to roam around the world from one place to another, live in cheap hotels and travel to unknown path.
When you travel as a backpacker, you can find a number of different types of travellers and with time you can easily identify them. Here are some of the kinds of backpackers. Have a look and find out the type of backpacker you are or you want to be.
* The Party Lover
- These are those backpackers whose main motive is to enjoy at nightclubs and bars. They mostly spend their evenings as well as nights in partying and drinking.
- Such backpackers have all the information about the bars and clubs in that area. They generally sleeps the whole day and wakes up late. Party lovers tries to visit every possible nightclub in the city instead of going on sightseeing around the city.
- Such kind of travellers prefer to visit the places which are famous for parties like Las Vegas, Menchestar, Amsterdam etc.
* The Spiritual Travelers
- You can find such travellers spending their time exploring local customs, talking about life’s connections as well as reading religious or yoga books.
- Their motive to travel is to find their inner peace, to connect with the nature or learn some tantras and all such stuff. They usually have all the information about different cultures and behaviours of localities of that place.
- Such backpackers are fed up of today’s materialistic world. This kind generally be seen at mountains, forests and all other peaceful places.
*The Bohemians or Hippies
- Such backpackers can found in fisherman pants, lots of necklaces, heavily worn backpacks and generally smells like they haven’t showered from 2 days. They often have a well-worn book in their hands and have a distinct personality.
- Hippies spends time eating local food, using local transportation as well as talking about culture. Such backpackers carry less money and also can be seen begging around to get money to travel to new location.
- Hippies or Bohemians do travel in India or other developing countries as they don’t have enough money to travel somewhere else.
* The Year Gapers
- College aged students, young, full of energy backpacking around right after their graduation. They may be the first time backpackers and just wants to explore the world with their friends.
- This type of backpacker like doing parties, see the main attractions, sleeps in hostels. Basically they just explores and enjoys in a limited budget.
* The Blogger’s
- The Blogger’s are the backpackers whose whole trip can be seen on social media. Such backpackers travel have endless number of photos. While spent most of their time in posing and capturing for social media.
- They wear fancy clothes and you can spot them with camera all the time.
* The Old Corporate Workers
- Backpackers who are generally of 40 around age, roaming like an 18 year old backpacker and one who have recently left their job are given the separate category named as the old corporate workers.
- Such a category don’t care about the age and wants to fulfill all of their backpacking dreams. Therefore, you can spot them in parties at night and roaming around the streets in the day time.
- Old Corporate Backpackers are of fun nature and loves to mingle with young travelers. But sometimes it becomes awkward for them because of their age. However, once you start having words with them, you will have the best time of your life.
There are a lot of categories of backpackers travel. As every individual see others in a different perspective, so we can have a long long list of kinds of backpackers. But these are some of the main kinds.
Look at this list and kind out the kind of backpacker you are. You can also add more kinds in this list as per your observation.