Schengen Visa For Indian Passport Holders
Schengen Visa allows an individual to travel or to stay in one or more Member States within the Schengen Zone. The visa allows a maximum stay of 90 days under the short stay scheme. Also, it can differ based on your visa type. There are various factors that should be considered while applying for a Schengen Visa for Indian. Below are the factors:
- Eligibility Criteria,
- fees, and
- Various other rules and regulations.
How To Apply For Schengen Visa From India:
- There are different Schengen Visa types like:
- Transit visa,
- Tourism visa,
- Visa for visiting family and friends.
- Business visa, visa for culture and sports activities.
- Study visa, visa for official visits, and visa for medical reasons.
Depending on the purpose and your visa type, you can apply for the same.
- Then, you will have to file your Schengen Visa application at one of the following depending on the rules and regulations:
- One of their consulates
- A visa center to which the embassy of your destination country has supplied visa submission.
- The embassy/consulate of another Schengen state to which the embassy of your destination country has supplied visa submission.
- Decide when to apply for a Schengen visa in India.:
- Earliest Time: Three months before your planned trip.
- Latest Time: At most 15 days before you intend to travel to Europe.
- Recommend Time: At least three weeks before your trip.
- Also, Schengen Visa documents for Indian Citizens are necessary.
- Take an appointment at the Visa application center in India through phone or in person.
- Attend the interview on the fixed date of your appointment. It is an important part of your visa application.
- All Schengen states have fixed visa fees. Pay the Visa fees on time.
- After the interview, you will have to wait for at most 15 days for a response on your application.
Schengen Visa Requirements According to the Applicant Status of Employment:
Below are the visa requirements for employees:
- Firstly, Employees must have their employment contracts.
- To apply for Visa, Employees should carry a current bank statement for the latest 6 months.
- Also, Schengen Visa requires written leave permission from the employer.
- Income Tax Return form deducted at the source of salary needs to be submitted.
- A self-employed need a copy of their business license
- A bank statement for the latest 6 months is required.
- Also, the Income Tax Return is necessary for self-employed.
- The proof of enrollment in a school or college is necessary.
- Also, no objection letter from school or university in traveling needs to submit.
- Pension statements of the latest 6 months.
If Unemployed and Married To An EU Citizen:
- Firstly, a Confirmation Of Employment Letter is necessary but it should be not older than the three months. It should contain the position held within the company as well as the starting date.
- Next, Spouse’s valid passport is required.
- An official marriage certificate needs to be submitted for applying for a visa.
For a minor, there are a few additional requirements which are:
- Birth Certificate of a minor.
- An application form signed by both the parents.
- There are cases where one parent has full custody over the child. In that case, the family court order must be attached.
- Also, Certified Copies of ID/passport of both the parents.
- The attested parental authorization is required if the minor is traveling alone.
List Of documents that are important for the process:
- Your passport size photograph should be on a white background reflecting the full face and neck.
- Photocopies of the visas previously used for traveling.
- A valid passport issued no longer than ten years ago and has a period of six months until its expiration date.
- Medical insurance with a minimum cover of 30000.
- Also, flight tickets and hotel reservations are necessary to submit.
- Original bank statement of last three months with the original stamp and signature.
All Indians require a visa to enter into Denmark or other Schengen Countries. So, to apply for a Schengen visa you need to follow all the rules and regulations. You need to submit all the necessary documents mentioned above. Also, there are various visa requirements that you need to fulfill while applying for a Schengen Visa.